Réseau FA aims at increasing public awareness, solidarity and co-operation in the sector of ethical and social finance. RFA wants to promote ethics and solidarity in money approach.
Their main areas of activity are:
- Communication: in order to inform and raise public awareness on socially responsible investment, RFA develops communication tools for adults and young people, organises conferences/seminars/discussions
- Action: RFA collaborates with banks to create alternative financial tools allowing savers to give a social return and an ethical added value to their saving. RFA is also involved in research and opens new tracks for an ethical and solidarity use of money.
- Solidarity: RFA collects funds in order to finance social economy innovative projects. They finance projects of their members through the financial products they develop or negotiate with banks (Fortis, Triodos etc.)
Réseau Financement Alternatif is also present in several other institutions:
- Crédal - alternative credit co-operative;
- Alterfin - active in developing local finance networks in the South;
- Forum Ethibel - giving its label to financial products respecting ethical criteria;
- Vanthournout award - rewarding actions in the Walloon region and Brussels promoting social
- economy and job creation for under qualified people;
- the network of responsible consumers - promoting a more responsible consumption and the
- European Microfinance Network (EMN).
New Developments :
- RFA is developing a website dedicated to ethical and solidarity finance.
- Besides the presentation of their own activities and members activities, it aims at:
- informing, developing and promoting ethical and solidarity finance as a whole;
- encouraging citizens to invest in a socially responsible way and integrate the values of sustainable development in the way they invest their money/saving;
- furthering action research and exchange of good practices between ethical and solidarity finance
organisations and the outside world.
In 2006, Réseau Financement Alternatif launched the FINANcité project which now has a website
(www.financite.be), a stand and a quarterly newsletter (FINANcité magazine). The aim of FINANcité is to
raise awareness of the public on ethical and solidarity based finance through a concrete and simple