Created in 1999, FETS-Finançament Ètic i Solidari is a second tier association regrouping organisations
(associations, foundations, co-operatives) promoting ethical and solidarity-based finance in Catalonia.
Our objectives are :
- • raising awareness and dissemination of information on the ethical use of money
- • promotion of organisations offering ethical finance products / instruments in Catalonia
- • intermediation between public authorities and social players
- • services to support the development of new actions and social representation
- • promoting the creation of a new alternative finance organisation in Catalonia that applies the basic
- principles of an ethical bank.
In more than 8 years, FETS concretised his objectives through:
- • Participation in more than 200 conferences, colloquiums, debates, seminars...
- • Organisation of classes for the university and secondary schools
- • Releases in media with more than 500 written publications or broadcasts
- • Organisation of the international congress of the Ethical Bank
- • Publishing of the book "Ethical Bank, much more than money matter" in Catalan and Spanish
- • Setting up of two exhibitions visited by more than 30 Catalan localities
- • Participative theatre workshop "Money for all"
- • Dynamic game "Do you know? Money at any price"
- • Organisation of workshops on "Ethical bank an micro credit", "Fair trade and ethical finance", and
- "the role of public authorities in the promotion of ethical bank"
- • Business plan for the setting up of an ethical bank in Catalonia.
- Presently FETS concentrates on :
- • Dissemination of the project among social economy and third sector organisations
- • Communication with public authorities to create synergies around the project
- • Coordination with other platforms in Spain, who are in a similar process to make them converge
- • Stimulate the creation of an Observatory of Ethical Finance